Wednesday 9 January 2013

The day mum threw all the plates in the kitchen

I was 10. I came down to the kitchen to see what was happening. I don't remember what mum was saying, but she was angry. It all had become too much.

Dad was too quiet, he'd never been one to argue. I found him in the garage. He was crying. I wish I could now say I hugged him, but I didn't. I just stared in confusion and went back in. Mum was throwing all the plates in the kitchen.

Nathalie took me and Dom' outside. Our shelter was our metallic green Mazda 323F. She told me and Dom' that we needed to stay out of the way until things had calmed down. I was crying. We hugged for a while. Before we went back in, Nath told us to not upset mum further than she was.

Later on mum laughed that we didn't have any more plates to eat with. I couldn't stop thinking she'd made dad cry. It hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment